Bring the whole family together to write a poem. This activity not only creates a poem that is heart warming for the whole family, it'll get everyone giggling along the way.
What To Do
Creating your family poem is great fun and the finished poem is something you'll treasure forever!
1) Sit round in a circle - if you can do this at a table this is ideal, if not, you just need something to lean your paper on when writing.
2) Take a sheet of paper and write your family name at the top - this will be the title of your poem. It can either be your surname or a name you give yourself.
3) The first person starts; they need to write a reason they love another family member (e.g. I love my mummy because she is kind). Once they have written this, they then fold over the paper and pass to the next person so they can do the same.
4) Once you are back at the person who started, it's time for the next round - 'We laugh a lot when...' (e.g. We laugh a lot when Daddy trumps).
5) The final round is the reason your family is the best (e.g. Our family is the best because we dance in the kitchen). Then pass it round until everyone has had a go.
6) Your poem is finished - unfold the paper and read to everyone!
Why not share your poem on our Facebook Group.
I love my mummy because she is kind.
I love Daddy because he reads me stories.
I love Alice because she makes me laugh.
I love George because he is crazy!
We laugh a lot when Daddy trumps.
We laugh a lot when Mummy dances.
We laugh a lot when Alice pulls faces.
We laugh a lot when George pretends he’s a Power Ranger.
Our family is the best because we laugh a lot.
Our family is the best because we love each other.
Our family is great because we eat grapes.
Our family is great because our house is warm.